Media Cause is a full service digital agency for a greater good. Since 2011, we’ve worked with 300+ nonprofit organizations, cause-driven startups, foundations, educators, philanthropists, and social enterprises to accelerate growth and create positive impact in the communities they serve.
Media Cause is seeking a Technical Lead with a strong website full-stack development and IT background to not only lead technical project initiatives, but also personally execute development and other technical activities. The ideal candidate has a broad technical skillset as a developer, the ability to troubleshoot a wide range of technical issues as well as experience as a project manager. This role will report to the Director of Project Management.
We're looking for candidates to work from our Atlanta, San Francisco, Boston, or Washington DC offices.
What you’ll do:
BE A LEADER AND A THINKER:
- Lead work streams involving technology / QA and provide oversight on the implementation and testing of project work
- Define technical architecture and appropriate solutions based on knowledge of development best practices and IT infrastructure
- Work with team members or third parties to scope and estimate projects, defining the objective and approach, deliverables, cost and timing.
- Work directly with clients to manage expectations and communicate project status.
- Use communication best practices across entire project team.
- Draft and share project status reports with clients and internal team members.
- Track budget spend on projects effectively, forecasting potential issues and planning accordingly to deal with risks.
- Work with creative and strategy team members to prove out feasibility of solutions from a technical perspective and offer constructive strategic suggestions
EFFECTIVELY BUILD SOLUTIONS:
- Use your full stack development skills to work directly on development or IT activities in the process of building technical solution as required on projects.
- Setup or maintain servers with appropriate security protocols
- Configure Wordpress, Drupal or other CMS platform websites and setup redirects as needed
- Support delivered website projects including updating versions of plugins and helping solve issues.
- Integrate plugins, APIs or other technologies as needed with websites
- Create staging environments and configure databases
- Troubleshoot general technical issues
Who you are:
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience in website front end / back end development in an agency / corporate environment, as well as preferably at least 2 years of experience in project management
- You have a bachelor’s degree
- You have excellent organizational skills
- You hold yourself personally accountable and responsible for the work of your team, and expect others to do the same
- You can confidently and effectively deliver multiple projects under similar deadlines, but aren’t afraid to raise your hand when you need help
- You speak client fluently and can be counted on to bring professionalism and empathy to every interaction
- You understand the nuances of development across digital channels and can accurately help develop scopes, budgets, and timelines
- You have experience working in a SCRUM based environment and can apply SCRUM to project efforts you are leading
- You have experience working directly with tools/platforms such as cPanel, AWS, and Web Host Manager, Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- You are experienced with MYSQL, PHP, integrations involving REST APIs, JSON, XML
- You have experience with Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- You can share examples of websites you’ve personally developed
- You don’t need a background in nonprofit marketing, but a passion for driving social change, a working knowledge of the space, and a scrappy approach to maximizing limited budgets are a must
- You keep up to date with the latest technology trends and can apply forward thinking to reach goals effectively.
- You’re a great person ready to work with a fun team!