Media Cause is an award winning, mission-driven marketing and creative agency that helps nonprofits grow and accelerate their impact. We take a people-first approach to developing powerful creative, scalable growth strategies, and targeted communications that connect with individuals across their entire supporter journey: from awareness and recruitment to fundraising and advocacy, and every touchpoint in-between.
As of January 2022, Media Cause consists of 70+ full-time employees along with a network of talented consultants. We have offices in Boston, Washington DC, Atlanta, and San Francisco, as well as team members who work remotely on a permanent basis. Our agency has grown in size every year since our founding, landing on the Inc. 5000 list for the fastest growing private companies in America three times. We have built a strong business, although impact is our North Star. In addition to winning 19 creative and effectiveness awards for our client work in 2021, Media Cause was also honored by Inc. Magazine with a Best In Business Gold Award for positive impact on our community, our industry, and society as a whole.
MediaCause is seeking an Associate Director of Website Development that will report to the Senior Marketing Technology Director. We are open to both Full-Time and Freelance candidates.
What you’ll do:
- Configure Wordpress, Drupal, Squarespace, Webflow, Wix, Hubspot CMS or other CMS platform websites and setup redirects as needed
- Manage development vendors as required for website projects, including defining the technical approach as needed or reviewing completed work for quality.
- Define technical approaches or solutions for projects based on knowledge of development best practices and IT infrastructure
- Work with team members or third parties to scope and estimate development / technology projects
- Work and communicate directly with project managers, account leads and clients to manage expectations and share development status
- Work with creative and strategy team members to prove out feasibility of solutions from a technical perspective and offer constructive strategic suggestions
- Use your full stack development skills to work directly on development or IT activities in the process of building technical solutions as required on projects.
- Setup or maintain servers with appropriate security protocols.
- Ability to fully integrate backend and frontend of applications
- Support delivered website projects including updating versions of plugins and helping solve issues
- Implementation of marketing technologies and tools including CRMs (Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Hubspot, others), fundraising platforms, conversion tracking tools, plugins, APIs or other technologies as needed
- Setup hosting, create staging environments and configure databases
- Migrate or input content as required during website redesign efforts
- Configure DNS settings and redirection as required
- Troubleshoot general technical issues
- Assist with Code Reviews / QA process
Who you are:
- You ideally have a minimum of 3 years of experience in website front end / back end development in an agency / nonprofit / corporate environment
- You hold yourself personally accountable and responsible for the work of your team, and expect others to do the same
- You can confidently and effectively work on multiple projects under similar deadlines, but aren’t afraid to raise your hand when you need help
- You understand the nuances of development across digital channels and can accurately help develop scopes, budgets, and timelines
- Experience working in a SCRUM based environment is a plus
- You have experience working directly with tools/platforms such as cPanel, AWS, and Web Host Manager, Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- You are experienced with MYSQL, PHP, integrations involving REST APIs, JSON, XML
- You have experience with Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- You can share examples of websites you’ve personally developed
- You don’t need a background in nonprofit marketing, but a passion for driving social change, a working knowledge of the space, and a scrappy approach to maximizing limited budgets are a must
- You keep up to date with the latest technology trends and can apply forward thinking to reach goals effectively.
- You’re a great person ready to work with a fun team!
Company Perks & Culture
- Family first work environment with flexible work from home options to accommodate personal obligations
- Robust health, dental, and vision benefit plans for you and yours
- 401k & retirement planning
- Agency-wide profit sharing
- Unlimited personal time off (with an enforced 3 week minimum every year)
- Quarterly mental health Fridays to reset and recharge
- Flexible remote work: We’re open to candidates located anywhere in the US and support work getting done wherever it works best for the employee
- $150/month health & wellness stipend to strengthen your body and/or mind
- $1,000/year individual professional development stipend to cover any education/training that you want to pursue to grow in your role (or as a human!)
- Agency commitment to building and supporting a diverse, equitable, and inclusive agency (and we hold ourselves accountable)
- Transparent & equitable career growth opportunities: Clear path for advancement and opportunity for anyone to raise their hand for promotion every 6 months
- The ability to work with genuinely fantastic humans who care deeply about the work we do and each other
- Yearly donations made to employees nonprofit of choice to celebrate their Media Cause work anniversaries
- A culture of volunteering and giving back to the communities we work in and to the issues we care about around the world (quarterly office volunteer days will return after COVID)
This is a salaried role commensurate with experience. Media Cause is committed to hiring individuals who are traditionally underrepresented in the field of marketing. We strongly encourage all qualified people to apply.