Media Cause is an award winning, mission-driven marketing and creative agency that helps nonprofits grow and accelerate their impact. We take a people-first approach to developing powerful creative, compelling brands, scalable growth strategies, and targeted communications that connect with individuals across their entire supporter journey: from awareness and recruitment to fundraising and advocacy, and every touchpoint in-between. We also place an emphasis on the importance of exceptional strategy and insights to lead our work, and to help elevate the presence and impact of all of our clients.
As of January 2022, Media Cause consists of 60+ full-time employees along with a network of talented consultants. We have offices in Boston, Washington DC, Atlanta, and San Francisco, as well as a few team members who work remotely on a permanent basis. Our agency has grown in size every year since our founding, landing on the Inc. 5000 list for the fastest growing private companies in America three times. We have built a strong business, although impact is our North Star. In addition to winning 19 creative and effectiveness awards for our client work in 2021, Media Cause was also honored by Inc. Magazine with a Best In Business Gold Award for our positive impact on our community, our industry, and society as a whole.
As we continue to grow, Media Cause is looking for a sharp, organized, detail-oriented, Production Designer to help execute graphics for various channels, expand our creative capacity, and help more organizations make a difference in the world.
This position has the flexibility to start remote, but ideally, you would be excited to join us in-person, a few days a week, in our Boston or Atlanta office once you feel comfortable.
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate has 1-3 years of digital design experience in an agency or similar creative setting. You should be highly-organized and love getting the details right across a high volume of assets; able to tackle multiple projects at once and prioritize your workload; and get excited about implementing design systems across a variety of digital channels. Nonprofit experience is a bonus, but not required, because we’re also here to show you the ropes.
- Design: Execute, build, and prep digital assets for release across a variety of platforms, including: websites, landing pages, banner ads, social media content, emails, presentation decks, and PDFs. Source photography and iconography, resize images, and implement design and copy changes to files quickly and accurately.
- Collaborate: Work with creative and account teammates to ensure all deliverables meet channel specifications and the clients’ brand standards, and are completed on time and budget.
- Support: Take on additional creative assignments or tasks for internal marketing efforts as needed, including creating blog, email, and case study graphics; updating presentations; or streamlining/maintaining file structures.
Skills + Experience Required
- 1-3 years production design experience in a fast-paced agency or in-house environment (internships and freelance work included!)
- Solid portfolio of work across a variety of digital platforms
- Strong understanding of graphic design, typography, and common digital formats/standards
- Self-starter who can to prioritize work; able to juggle multiple projects, clients, and deadlines, some with short turnaround times
- Has a systems thinking approach: able to extrapolate and extend design direction and elements across various assets to reinforce consistency and efficiency
- Able to follow direction, receive and incorporate feedback, and ask questions when more information is needed
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch are required. Canva, Figma, and InDesign are preferred. Video editing, animation, and basic CSS/HTML5 knowledge are also a bonus.
- Must be a team player, ready to jump into any request, and eager to support the agency in any way possible
- Must be ambitious, curious, and a genuinely good human
Company Perks + Culture
- Family first work environment with flexible work from home options to accommodate personal obligations
- Robust health, dental, and vision benefit plans for you and yours
- 401k + retirement planning
- Agency-wide profit sharing
- Unlimited personal time off (with an enforced 3 week minimum every year)
- Quarterly mental health Fridays to reset and recharge
- Flexible remote work: We’re open to candidates located anywhere in the US and support work getting done wherever it works best for the employee
- $150/month health + wellness stipend to strengthen your body and/or mind
- $1,000/year individual professional development stipend to cover any education/training that you want to pursue to grow in your role (or as a human!)
- Agency commitment to building and supporting a diverse, equitable, and inclusive agency (and we hold ourselves accountable)
- Transparent & equitable career growth opportunities: Clear path for advancement and opportunity for anyone to raise their hand for promotion every 6 months
- The ability to work with genuinely fantastic humans who care deeply about the work we do and each other
- Yearly donations made to employees nonprofit of choice to celebrate their Media Cause work anniversaries
- A culture of volunteering and giving back to the communities we work in and to the issues we care about around the world (quarterly office volunteer days will return after COVID)
This is a salaried role commensurate with experience. Media Cause is committed to hiring individuals who are traditionally underrepresented in the field of marketing. We strongly encourage all qualified people to apply.