Media Cause is an award winning, mission-driven marketing and creative agency that helps nonprofits grow and accelerate their impact. We take a people-first approach to developing powerful creative, scalable growth strategies, and targeted communications that connect with individuals across their entire supporter journey: from awareness and recruitment to fundraising and advocacy, and every touchpoint in-between.
Media Cause consists of 50+ full-time employees along with a network of talented consultants. We have offices in Boston, Washington DC, Atlanta and San Francisco (reopening post COVID) as well as a few team members who work remotely permanently. Our agency has grown in size every year since our founding, landing on the Inc. 5000 list for the fastest growing private companies in America twice. We have built a strong business although Impact is our North Star. In addition to winning 14 awards for our client work in 2020, Media Cause was honored by Inc. Magazine with a Best In Business Gold Award for our positive impact on our community, our industry and society as a whole.
Media Cause is looking for a Senior Digital Fundraising Strategist to help accelerate the growth and impact of organizations doing good in the world.
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate has 4-7 years of digital fundraising experience, either in a nonprofit or at a consulting agency.
We’re looking for people with a passion for driving meaningful results for clients, a hunger to continue learning in the ever changing digital world, the ability to think critically and solve problems, a passion for helping teammates succeed, and an earnest desire to change the world.
Skills & Experience Required
- Organization skills. Ability to be an organized professional that’s attentive to detail and can manage varying aspects of digital operations for multiple clients with competing deadlines.
- Strong fundraising acumen. Comprehensive understanding of digital fundraising best practices and KPI’s, measuring performance and applying data to tactical and strategic decision making. Ability to design fundraising campaigns from conception to execution (such as End of Year) across multiple digital channels (paid, email, web, etc.) and audiences. The ideal candidate will have strong copywriting skills who can clearly articulate a compelling case for support.
- Reporting chops. Demonstrable skills in creating reports, working in Excel (pivot tables, formulas, etc.) and conveying meaningful insights to relevant stakeholders.
- Technical know-how. Existing, working knowledge of digital platforms such as Luminate Online, Classy, MailChimp, Google Analytics, Facebook/Instagram, Wordpress, Salesforce, and more; as well as the confidence to learn new platforms and processes quickly. Experience. Real world experience (professionally and/or personally) with 2 or more nonprofit verticals, including but not limited to: Cultural, Environmental, Health, Hunger/Poverty, International Relief and Development, Public Media, Rights, Wildlife/Animal Welfare.
- A positive can do attitude combined with an ability to problem solve and navigate around any roadblock
- High personal accountability and pride in your work
- Team-player that puts the success of the team first
- A passion to make a difference, not just make money (although we’re here to help you do both)
Company Perks & Culture
- Family first work environment with flexible work from home options to accommodate personal obligations
- Robust health, dental, and vision benefit plans for you and yours
- 401k & retirement planning
- Agency-wide profit sharing
- Unlimited personal time off (with an enforced 3 week minimum every year)
- Quarterly mental health Fridays to reset and recharge
- Flexible remote work: We’re open to candidates located anywhere in the US and support work getting done wherever it works best for the employee
- $150/month health & wellness stipend to strengthen your body and/or mind
- $1,000/year individual professional development stipend to cover any education/training that you want to pursue to grow in your role (or as a human!)
- Agency commitment to building and supporting a diverse, equitable, and inclusive agency (and we hold ourselves accountable)
- Transparent & equitable career growth opportunities: Clear path for advancement and opportunity for anyone to raise their hand for promotion every 6 months
- The ability to work with genuinely fantastic humans who care deeply about the work we do and each other
- Yearly donations made to employees nonprofit of choice to celebrate their Media Cause work anniversaries
- A culture of volunteering and giving back to the communities we work in and to the issues we care about around the world (quarterly office volunteer days will return after COVID)
This is a salaried role commensurate with experience. Media Cause is committed to hiring individuals who are traditionally underrepresented in the field of marketing. We strongly encourage all qualified people to apply.