Media Cause is an award winning, mission-driven marketing and creative agency that helps nonprofits grow and accelerate their impact. We take a people-first approach to developing powerful creative, scalable growth strategies, and targeted communications that connect with individuals across their entire supporter journey: from awareness and recruitment to fundraising and advocacy, and every touchpoint in-between. We also place an emphasis on the power of exceptional creative and design to inspire hearts and minds, and work to elevate the presence of all of our clients in order to inform, inspire, and engage.
Media Cause consists of 60 full-time employees along with a network of talented consultants. We have offices in Boston, Washington DC, Atlanta and San Francisco as well as a few team members who work remote permanently. Our agency has grown in size every year since our founding, landing on the Inc. 5000 list for the fastest growing private companies in America thrice. We have built a strong business although Impact is our North Star. In addition to winning 19 creative and effectiveness awards for our client work, in 2021 Media Cause was honored by Inc. Magazine with a Best In Business Gold Award for our positive impact on our community, our industry and society as a whole.
As we continue to grow, Media Cause is looking for a smart, talented, ambitious, and eager Presentation + Graphic Designer to support the New Business Development team in designing proposals, creating graphics, and helping our team win more work—so that together, we can help more organizations make a difference in the world.
This position has the flexibility to start remote, but ideally, you would be excited to join us in-person, a few days a week, in our Boston office once we're all back.
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate has 2-5 years of digital design experience in an agency or similar business setting, and a strong desire to help change the world. If you also work fast and can think on your feet, pay as much attention to deadlines as visual details, thrive on solving problems, have a passion for helping teammates succeed, and are a constant sponge of design trends and developing your business acumen, this role may be for you. Previous sales presentation designing experience is a bonus, but not required.
- Redesign, edit, adapt, or create presentation slides and associated visual content for client proposals, agency capabilities decks, and other related new business materials, including infographics and/or iconography.
- Help develop assets needed to tell client success stories, as well as design sales and marketing materials based on client deliverables.
- Collaborate: Work directly with the agency’s new business development team to ensure all tasks are completed with thoughtfulness, clarity, and timeliness. Collaborate with, and learn from, members of the Creative, Brand, and Design team to develop new skills, stay on top of trends, and execute best practices,
Skills & Experience Required
- 2-5 years experience in a fast-paced agency or in-house environment (internships and freelance work included!)
- Degree/certificate in new media/digital design, graphic design or equivalent work experience
- Solid portfolio of work across a variety of digital platforms, with a focus on presentation and information design,
- Demonstrated ability to visually tell a story through cohesive images and text, taking narrative flow into consideration
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Comfortable following direction, receiving feedback, and asking questions
- Ability to collaborate with others outside of the new business team, including account directors and project managers
- Must have a strong understanding of graphic design, typography, and digital standards, and can make informed recommendations to improve the work. Illustration skills are a plus, as well!
- Experience working within Google Slides is required
- Additional preferred platform skills: Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Figma
- Must be able to check your ego at the door: must be a team player, ready to jump into any request, and eager to support the agency in any way possible
- Must be ambitious, curious, and a genuinely good human
Company Perks & Culture
- Family first work environment with flexible work from home options to accommodate personal obligations
- Robust health, dental, and vision benefit plans for you and yours
- 401k & retirement planning
- Agency-wide profit sharing
- Unlimited personal time off (with an enforced 3 week minimum every year)
- Quarterly mental health Fridays to reset and recharge
- Flexible remote work: We’re open to candidates located anywhere in the US and support work getting done wherever it works best for the employee
- $150/month health & wellness stipend to strengthen your body and/or mind
- $1,000/year individual professional development stipend to cover any education/training that you want to pursue to grow in your role (or as a human!)
- Agency commitment to building and supporting a diverse, equitable, and inclusive agency (and we hold ourselves accountable)
- Transparent & equitable career growth opportunities: Clear path for advancement and opportunity for anyone to raise their hand for promotion every 6 months
- The ability to work with genuinely fantastic humans who care deeply about the work we do and each other
- Yearly donations made to employees nonprofit of choice to celebrate their Media Cause work anniversaries
- A culture of volunteering and giving back to the communities we work in and to the issues we care about around the world (quarterly office volunteer days will return after COVID)
This is a salaried role commensurate with experience. Media Cause is committed to hiring individuals who are traditionally underrepresented in the field of marketing. We strongly encourage all qualified people to apply.