Media Cause is an award-winning, mission-driven marketing and creative agency that helps nonprofits grow and accelerate their impact. We take a people-first approach to developing powerful creative, scalable growth strategies, and targeted communications that connect with individuals across their entire supporter journey: from awareness and recruitment to fundraising and advocacy, and every touchpoint in-between.
As of January 2022, Media Cause consists of 60+ full-time employees along with a network of talented consultants. We have offices in Boston, Washington DC, Atlanta, and San Francisco, as well as a few team members who work remotely on a permanent basis. Our agency has grown in size every year since our founding, landing on the Inc. 5000 list for the fastest growing private companies in America three times. We have built a strong business, although impact is our North Star. In addition to winning 19 creative and effectiveness awards for our client work in 2021, Media Cause was also honored by Inc. Magazine with a Best In Business Gold Award for our positive impact on our community, our industry, and society as a whole.
MediaCause is seeking a Sr. Project Manager. This role will report to the VP of Project Management.
What you’ll do:
BE A LEADER AND A THINKER:
- Actively manage multiple intermediate to advanced client projects, with effective application of project management best practices
- Manage work streams involving creative, strategy, media, technology and QA testing to successful completion for project work
- Maintains project financials, responsible for project budget management, can effectively provide revenue forecasting guidance to finance department
- Capable of handling day-to-day direct communications with client
- Capable of managing third party teams / partners as part of client project work
- Works to ensure profitability through management of budget, scope and timeline
- Successfully and consistently delivers project work / completes scope deliverables
- Assist with development of proposals for new business in collaboration with the VP of Project Management, and effectively communicate with potential new clients on business leads
- Compile and share project status reports with clients and internal team members
- Lead presentations to share relevant project work to clients when required, in collaboration with account team members
- Lead retrospective meetings with team members when appropriate in projects to look for ways to improve effectiveness of team work methodology in subsequent efforts
BE A RESPONSIBLE PLANNER:
- Build complex project plans by assessing dependencies, activities, and risks to produce a timeline that will effectively deliver on a scope of work
- Collaborate with Account Leadership / Client Success team to help facilitate and nurture client relationships.
- Work with the resource management lead at Media Cause to ensure projects are staffed effectively
- Use your knowledge of current project status, client activities and other factors to anticipate roadblocks or challenges whenever possible, and plan mitigation strategies proactively to deal with them
- Track budget spend on projects effectively, forecasting potential issues, compiling and sharing reports with clients, and planning accordingly to deal with risks
- Utilize time tracking / project planning software and collaboration tools including email and Slack, as well as use meetings effectively to drive communication and accomplish project goals
- Communicate and escalate identified risks when appropriate to the VP of Project Management
Who you are:
- You have a minimum of 2 years working in a marketing environment.
- You have a bachelor’s degree
- You have excellent organizational skills
- You hold yourself personally accountable and responsible for the work of your team, and expect others to do the same
- You can confidently and effectively manage multiple projects under similar deadlines, but aren’t afraid to raise your hand when you need help
- You speak client fluently and can be counted on to bring professionalism and empathy to every interaction
- You understand the nuances of account, strategy, creative design, and technical development work streams and deliverables across digital channels and can accurately help develop scopes, budgets, and timelines involving all of these
- You have experience working in a SCRUM-based environment and can apply SCRUM to project management efforts when necessary for an engagement.
- You don’t need a background in nonprofit marketing, but a passion for driving social change, a working knowledge of the space, and a scrappy approach to maximizing limited budgets are a must.
- You keep up to date with the latest technology trends and can apply forward thinking to reach goals effectively.
- You’re a great person ready to work with a fun team!
Company Perks & Culture
- Family first work environment with flexible work from home options to accommodate personal obligations
- Robust health, dental, and vision benefit plans for you and yours
- 401k & retirement planning
- Agency-wide profit sharing
- Unlimited personal time off (with an enforced 3 week minimum every year)
- Quarterly mental health Fridays to reset and recharge
- Flexible remote work: We’re open to candidates located anywhere in the US and support work getting done wherever it works best for the employee
- $150/month health & wellness stipend to strengthen your body and/or mind
- $1,000/year individual professional development stipend to cover any education/training that you want to pursue to grow in your role (or as a human!)
- Agency commitment to building and supporting a diverse, equitable, and inclusive agency (and we hold ourselves accountable)
- Transparent & equitable career growth opportunities: Clear path for advancement and opportunity for anyone to raise their hand for promotion every 6 months
- The ability to work with genuinely fantastic humans who care deeply about the work we do and each other
- Yearly donations made to employees nonprofit of choice to celebrate their Media Cause work anniversaries
- A culture of volunteering and giving back to the communities we work in and to the issues we care about around the world (quarterly office volunteer days will return after COVID)
This is a salaried role commensurate with experience. Media Cause is committed to hiring individuals who are traditionally underrepresented in the field of marketing. We strongly encourage all qualified people to apply.