Media Cause is an award winning, mission-driven marketing and creative agency that helps nonprofits grow and accelerate their impact. We take a people-first approach to developing powerful creative, scalable growth strategies, and targeted communications that connect with individuals across their entire supporter journey: from awareness and recruitment to fundraising and advocacy, and every touchpoint in-between.
Media Cause consists of 60 full-time employees along with a network of talented consultants. We have offices in Boston, Washington DC, Atlanta and San Francisco (reopening post COVID) as well as a few team members who work remotely full time. Our agency has grown in size every year since our founding, landing on the Inc. 5000 list for the fastest growing private companies in America twice. We have built a strong business although Impact is our North Star. In addition to winning 14 awards for our client work in 2020, Media Cause was honored by Inc. Magazine with a Best In Business Gold Award for our positive impact on our community, our industry and society as a whole.
Media Cause is looking for an Ad Technology and Operations Specialist to help accelerate the growth and impact of organizations doing good in the world by helping them get the most out of their paid media campaigns.
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate has 3-5 years of work experience in marketing technology and/or paid media operations roles. Bonus points for familiarity with ad server platforms.
We’re looking for people with a passion for driving meaningful results for clients, a hunger to continue learning in the ever changing digital world, the ability to problem solve to overcome any challenge, a passion for helping teammates succeed, and a strong desire to change the world.
- Implement tracking pixels on a variety of platforms using first party integrations and third party tools such as Google Tag Manager.
- Provide quality assurance (QA) testing to confirm that pixels are firing correctly, with all required values, and are placed according to client and account team specifications.
- Create new conversions that accurately track high-value actions such as donations, leads, email sign-ups, advocacy actions, button clicks, pages views, eCommerce purchases and more on platforms including but not limited to Google Analytics, GA4, Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Microsoft Ads and Twitter Ads
- Provide ongoing maintenance of client tracking infrastructure, configure tracking for new campaigns and platforms, and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Provide quality assurance support to paid media team for campaign setup and launch.
- Provide oversight and support for various processes related to paid media execution; assist in documentation and rollout of key processes to internal team and client partners.
Skills & Experience Required
- Strong experience working in a Tag Management system such as Google Tag Manager and knowledge of concepts such as Data Layer Variables, Custom Events, and HTML Tags
- Experience working directly with paid media vendors on pixel implementation and conversion tracking setup
- Ability to implement analytics tools such as Google Analytics on web properties
- Ability to articulate technical tasks and processes in plain english in order to “show your work” to teammates and client partners
- Familiarity with multi-touch and advanced marketing attribution models
Company Perks & Culture
- Family first work environment with flexible work from home options to accommodate personal obligations
- Robust health, dental, and vision benefit plans for you and yours
- 401k & retirement planning
- Agency-wide profit sharing
- Unlimited personal time off (with an enforced 3 week minimum every year)
- Quarterly mental health Fridays to reset and recharge
- Flexible remote work: We’re open to candidates located anywhere in the US and support work getting done wherever it works best for the employee
- $150/month health & wellness stipend to strengthen your body and/or mind
- $1,000/year individual professional development stipend to cover any education/training that you want to pursue to grow in your role (or as a human!)
- Agency commitment to building and supporting a diverse, equitable, and inclusive agency (and we hold ourselves accountable)
- Transparent & equitable career growth opportunities: Clear path for advancement and opportunity for anyone to raise their hand for promotion every 6 months
- The ability to work with genuinely fantastic humans who care deeply about the work we do and each other
- Yearly donations made to employees nonprofit of choice to celebrate their Media Cause work anniversaries
- A culture of volunteering and giving back to the communities we work in and to the issues we care about around the world (quarterly office volunteer days will return after COVID)
This is a salaried role commensurate with experience. Media Cause is committed to hiring individuals who are traditionally underrepresented in the field of marketing. We strongly encourage all qualified people to apply.