Media Cause is a full service digital agency for a greater good. Since 2011, we’ve worked with 300+ nonprofit organizations, cause-driven startups, foundations, educators, philanthropists, and social enterprises to accelerate growth and create positive impact in the communities they serve.
Media Cause is looking for a senior level staffer to lead digital fundraising accounts in our DC office. This director level position will also provide strategic guidance across the agency for clients transitioning or scaling up their digital fundraising efforts.
If you agree with these statements, then you’re going to be a good fit at Media Cause:
- Technology and tools matter and not all CRMs, ESPs, CMSs are created equal. In fact, I have a couple of favorites that have stood out in my work that I would like to discuss.
- Members or donors? I’ve spent an inordinate amount of time discussing this with colleagues. I can make an argument for both.
- CPM or CPC? Who cares! I want to know about costs and resources used along the full funnel not just the top. Let’s talk about life time value of folks coming in from retargeting campaigns or the value of converting a crowdfunding participant into an annual fund donor.
- Digital is just one type of touchpoint in a donor’s (or potential donor’s) relationship with an organization. But they are the most scalable and cost efficient and I can prove that through data.
You’ve got the mindset, but do you have the skills and experience?
Who You Are:
The must haves:
- 5-7 years digital fundraising chops, 2-3 of those with financial responsibility for campaigns/program
- Experience throughout the fundraising funnel, in particular:
- Year-end campaigning
- Ongoing Stewardship
- Strong background in data analysis and reporting, in particular:
- Google Analytics
- Fundraising Software (eg. Raiser’s Edge)
- CRMs (eg. Hubspot)
- Experience copywriting and/or content creation for fundraising
- 1-2 years of management experience with a focus on mentorship and team building specifically in a fundraising/development team capacity
- Industry thought leader, capable of writing 1-2 blog posts per month, speaking at conferences and leading webinars to share digital fundraising insights and best practices
- Experience managing multiple clients (or internal teams) at once in a fast-paced environment
- Track record of thinking outside the box for innovative ways for nonprofits to use digital platforms for fundraising
- An optimistic dreamer who executes efficiently with a positive can do attitude
Bonus points for:
- Crowdfunding experience
- SMS for fundraising experience
- Being Adwords, Analytics, Facebook Blueprint, Hubspot Inbound Certified