Media Cause is an award winning, mission-driven marketing and creative agency that helps nonprofits grow and accelerate their impact. We take a people-first approach to developing powerful creative, scalable growth strategies, and targeted communications that connect with individuals across their entire supporter journey: from awareness and recruitment to fundraising and advocacy, and every touchpoint in-between.
As of January 2022, Media Cause consists of 60+ full-time employees along with a network of talented consultants. We have offices in Boston, Washington DC, Atlanta, and San Francisco, as well as a few team members who work remotely on a permanent basis. Our agency has grown in size every year since our founding, landing on the Inc. 5000 list for the fastest growing private companies in America three times. We have built a strong business, although impact is our North Star. In addition to winning 19 creative and effectiveness awards for our client work in 2021, Media Cause was also honored by Inc. Magazine with a Best In Business Gold Award for positive impact on our community, our industry, and society as a whole.
We’re looking for an experienced Recruiter to join our operations team, reporting to the head of Operations. We’re a fast growing company and looking to bring on a hands-on Recruiting Manager to lead and drive all of our recruiting practices. If you have a recruiting background and are looking to join a team of smart, compassionate, impact-driven professionals, then we want to hear from you.
- Ownership of full-cycle recruiting process (direct sourcing, coordination, interviewing, working with internal hiring managers)
- Coordinate with department managers and People Ops to forecast future hiring needs
- Stay up-to-date on labor legislation and inform recruiters and managers about changes in regulations
- Generate, develop and execute effective sourcing and recruiting strategies, plans and processes
- Partner with and guide hiring managers and teams in all phases of the hiring process
- Recommend ways to improve the Media Cause brand
- Ensure all hiring practices are compliant with relevant federal, state and local laws and regulations
- 5+ years of full-cycle recruiting. Experience recruiting at a marketing agency or a non-profit is a nice to have, but not a must.
- Proven track record of building and managing an ambitious group of talent professionals, preferably in high-growth environment
- Experience designing successful diversity recruitment programs with deep care for diversity, equity, & inclusion
- Experience with the use of applicant tracking software and HR databases
- High degree of judgment and independent decision-making with regard to the analysis of applicant knowledge / skills / abilities, skill level and the subsequent referral to the appropriate Hiring Manager.
- Detail-oriented team player, with strong interpersonal and organizational skills, including ability to manage multiple, diverse projects concurrently
- A positive can-do attitude combined with an ability to problem solve and navigate around any roadblock
- High personal accountability and pride in your work
- A passion to make a difference, not just make money (although we’re here to help you do both)
Company Perks & Culture
- Family-first work environment with flexible work from home options to accommodate personal obligations
- Robust health, dental, and vision benefit plans for you and yours
- 401k + retirement planning
- Agency-wide profit sharing
- Unlimited personal time off (with an enforced 3 week minimum every year)
- Quarterly mental health Fridays to reset and recharge
- Flexible remote work: We’re open to candidates located anywhere in the US and support work getting done wherever it works best for the employee
- $150/month health + wellness stipend to strengthen your body and/or mind
- $1,000/year individual professional development stipend to cover any education/training that you want to pursue to grow in your role (or as a human!)
- Agency commitment to building and supporting a diverse, equitable, and inclusive agency (and we hold ourselves accountable)
- Transparent + equitable career growth opportunities: Clear path for advancement and opportunity for anyone to raise their hand for promotion every 6 months
- The ability to work with genuinely fantastic humans who care deeply about the work we do and each other
- Yearly donations made to employees nonprofit of choice to celebrate their Media Cause work anniversaries
- A culture of volunteering and giving back to the communities we work in and to the issues we care about around the world (quarterly office volunteer days will return after COVID)
Media Cause is committed to hiring individuals who are traditionally underrepresented in the field of Marketing. We strongly encourage all qualified people to apply.