Media Cause is an award winning, mission-driven marketing and creative agency that helps nonprofits grow and accelerate their impact. We take a people-first approach to developing powerful creative, scalable growth strategies, and targeted communications that connect with individuals across their entire supporter journey: from awareness and recruitment to fundraising and advocacy, and every touchpoint in-between.
Media Cause consists of 50+ full-time employees along with a network of talented consultants. We have offices in Boston, Washington DC, Atlanta and San Francisco (reopening post COVID) as well as a few team members who work remote permanently. Our agency has grown in size every year since our founding, landing on the Inc. 5000 list for the fastest growing private companies in America twice. We have built a strong business although Impact is our North Star. In addition to winning 14 awards for our client work in 2020, Media Cause was honored by Inc. Magazine with a Best In Business Gold Award for our positive impact on our community, our industry and society as a whole.
Media Cause is looking for an Operations Associate to help support & accelerate our internal agency growth across our People and Financial Operation functions.
This Role will provide support across two main areas:
People & Business Operations
- Employee lifecycle: Assisting the Sr. Director of Operations with core people ops projects including performance management, Recruitment, Onboarding, Benefits management, Employee Relations, & Offboarding
- Employee happiness + Company Culture: Help support and drive internal initiatives to keep our team happy! ( and helping to bring new ideas to the table to support employee engagement while working remotely)
- Office Operations: Manage office budgets, office supply/request fulfillment, and other office needs post Covid.
- Internal tools: Manage and be point of employee contact for some internal tools including G-drive, Slack, Basecamp, Intranet, Float, Microsoft, Adobe, and Zenefits
- Resourcing/Staffing: Assisting with client project set-ups
- Process contracts once closed (Add invoice schedule to GDoc, set up new clients in Quickbooks Online)
- Work with our outsourced Accounting Team to make sure they have everything they need to process invoices (Pacing reports, service categorization).
- Work with our outsourced accounting Team to make sure they have everything they need to compile our monthly financial reports (expense categorization, etc)
- Answer all MC team finance and contract questions (changes to billing schedule, special invoice requests, etc).
- Working with the MC team to manage our pre-paid media tracker and ensure it’s kept up to date.
- Answer all client finance questions and requests (change billing contract, did you receive payment for X invoice?, etc)
- Compile quarterly client and project utilization and revenue reports for each account leads and MC management (QBR’s)
What we’re looking for:
Our ideal candidate has 2 - 5 years of experience in an internal operations role. Bonus points if previous work gave you exposure to the marketing agency or nonprofit industries. Requirements for this position include:
- Acute attention to detail
- Proven ability to lead projects with minimal guidance
- Strong prioritization and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - with all levels of management
- Technologically literate: While experience in specific tools aren’t required we’re looking for someone who enjoys learning new tools and can work with our team on rollouts, questions, etc
- Hold yourself personally accountable and responsible for the work of your team, and expect others to do the same
- Genuinely be driven by a passion to make a difference, not just make money. Although we’re here to help you do both!
Company Perks & Culture
- Family first work environment with flexible work from home options to accommodate personal obligations
- Robust health, dental, and vision benefit plans for you and yours
- 401k & retirement planning
- Agency-wide profit sharing
- Unlimited personal time off (with an enforced 3 week minimum every year)
- Quarterly mental health Fridays to reset and recharge
- Flexible remote work: We’re open to candidates located anywhere in the US and support work getting done wherever it works best for the employee
- $150/month health & wellness stipend to strengthen your body and/or mind
- $1,000/year individual professional development stipend to cover any education/training that you want to pursue to grow in your role (or as a human!)
- Agency commitment to building and supporting a diverse, equitable, and inclusive agency (and we hold ourselves accountable)
- Transparent & equitable career growth opportunities: Clear path for advancement and opportunity for anyone to raise their hand for promotion every 6 months
- The ability to work with genuinely fantastic humans who care deeply about the work we do and each other
- Yearly donations made to employees nonprofit of choice to celebrate their Media Cause work anniversaries
- A culture of volunteering and giving back to the communities we work in and to the issues we care about around the world (quarterly office volunteer days will return after COVID)
This is a salaried role commensurate with experience. Media Cause is committed to hiring individuals who are traditionally underrepresented in the field of marketing. We strongly encourage all qualified people to apply.