Media Cause is an award winning, mission-driven marketing and creative agency that helps nonprofits grow and accelerate their impact. We take a people-first approach to developing powerful creative, scalable growth strategies, and targeted communications that connect with individuals across their entire supporter journey: from awareness and recruitment to fundraising and advocacy, and every touchpoint in-between.
Media Cause consists of 60 full-time employees along with a network of talented consultants. We have offices in Boston, Washington DC, Atlanta and San Francisco (reopening post COVID) as well as a few team members who work remotely full time. Our agency has grown in size every year since our founding, landing on the Inc. 5000 list for the fastest growing private companies in America twice. We have built a strong business although Impact is our North Star. In addition to winning 14 awards for our client work in 2020, Media Cause was honored by Inc. Magazine with a Best In Business Gold Award for our positive impact on our community, our industry and society as a whole.
Media Cause is looking for a Director of Data Analytics to help accelerate the growth and impact of organizations doing good in the world by helping them get the most out of their data to drive strategic decisions across all digital marketing channels.
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate has 7-10 years of work experience in digital marketing data analysis. Bonus points for e-commerce or multi-channel fundraising.
We’re looking for people with a passion for driving meaningful results for clients, a hunger to continue learning in the ever changing digital world, the ability to problem solve to overcome any challenge, a passion for helping teammates succeed, and a strong desire to change the world.
Skills & Experience Required
- Ability to demonstrate analytical chops, with a proven history of analyzing and interpreting large sets of data.
- Ability to develop reporting dashboards that incorporate data sets across a wide range of platforms, integrate multiple reporting sources, and summarize key takeaways and action items.
- Comfortable producing full funnel reports that include deep actions and conversion goals.
- Deep knowledge of multi-touch and advanced marketing attribution models.
- Ability to explain data deliverables and convey your insights and ideas (in human-speak!) to clients.
- Experience with typical databases and eCRMs, such as Salesforce, HubSpot, etc.
- Experience in manipulating and analyzing data in Excel and SQL.
- Experience with Python and/or R programming languages.
- Familiarity with designing and evaluating A/B tests.
- Expertise in data visualization tools, such as Google Data Studio.
- Knowledge of fundraising and/or e-commerce database information, as well as how multi-channel efforts are coded and measured.
- Relevant experience within any of the following platform categories:
- Online Fundraising and Donor Management Tools
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Content Management System Software
- Email Marketing and Automation Tools
- Public Affairs and Advocacy Tools
- Lead Capture Forms
- Paid Media Vendors
- Tag Management Solutions
- Proven external thought leadership in the field of data analysis.
Company Perks & Culture
- Family first work environment with flexible work from home options to accommodate personal obligations
- Robust health, dental, and vision benefit plans for you and yours
- 401k & retirement planning
- Agency-wide profit sharing
- Unlimited personal time off (with an enforced 3 week minimum every year)
- Quarterly mental health Fridays to reset and recharge
- Flexible remote work: We’re open to candidates located anywhere in the US and support work getting done wherever it works best for the employee
- $150/month health & wellness stipend to strengthen your body and/or mind
- $1,000/year individual professional development stipend to cover any education/training that you want to pursue to grow in your role (or as a human!)
- Agency commitment to building and supporting a diverse, equitable, and inclusive agency (and we hold ourselves accountable)
- Transparent & equitable career growth opportunities: Clear path for advancement and opportunity for anyone to raise their hand for promotion every 6 months
- The ability to work with genuinely fantastic humans who care deeply about the work we do and each other
- Yearly donations made to employees nonprofit of choice to celebrate their Media Cause work anniversaries
- A culture of volunteering and giving back to the communities we work in and to the issues we care about around the world (quarterly office volunteer days will return after COVID)
This is a salaried role commensurate with experience. Media Cause is committed to hiring individuals who are traditionally underrepresented in the field of marketing. We strongly encourage all qualified people to apply.