Media Cause is an award winning, mission-driven marketing and creative agency that helps nonprofits grow and accelerate their impact. We take a people-first approach to developing powerful creative, scalable growth strategies, and targeted communications that connect with individuals across their entire supporter journey: from awareness and recruitment to fundraising and advocacy, and every touchpoint in-between.
Media Cause consists of 60 full-time employees along with a network of talented consultants. We have offices in Boston, Washington DC, Atlanta and San Francisco as well as team members who work remotely permanently. Our agency has grown in size every year since our founding, landing on the Inc. 5000 list for the fastest growing private companies in America three times. We have built a strong business although Impact is our North Star. In addition to winning 14 awards for our client work in 2020, Media Cause was honored by Inc. Magazine with a Best In Business Gold Award for our positive impact on our community, our industry and society as a whole.
Media Cause is looking for a seasoned Account Director to work with our largest clients to accelerate their growth and impact.
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate has 7-10+ years of client management and digital marketing strategy (preferably at an agency). Bonus points if previous work gave you exposure to the nonprofit space.
We’re looking for people with a passion for driving meaningful results for clients, a hunger to continue learning in the ever changing digital world, the ability to problem solve to overcome any challenge, a passion for helping teammates succeed and a strong desire to change the world.
Skills & Experience Required
- Leads the full client relationship, overarching and cross-channel digital strategy, tapping into our specialists across social, media, fundraising, advocacy, brand, creative, technology (and more) to provide our clients holistic marketing strategy and execution
- Fully understands clients' business model and clients’ industry/issue area, striving to help solve clients’ business problems, identify new opportunities, and create more measurable impact
- Manages all client objectives, expectations and timelines and communicates changes and updates to internal team members quickly and efficiently
- Knowledgeable in digital marketing industry benchmarks, platforms, trends, and innovations and proactively shares POV with clients and internally to challenge existing way of thinking and inspire new opportunities
- Responsible for all client financials, including client billing structure (T&M vs. fixed), monthly/project estimates, contract status, and hours allocations, for all accounts and projects that they lead
- Responsible for staffing and scoping needs for all accounts and projects that they lead
- Proactive in identifying potential account and/or project risks/issues and develops contingency plans
- Partners with project management and other agency resources to manage the production and delivery of great work
Company Perks & Culture
- Family first work environment with flexible work from home options to accommodate personal obligations
- Robust health, dental, and vision benefit plans for you and yours
- 401k & retirement planning
- Agency-wide profit sharing
- Unlimited personal time off (with an enforced 3 week minimum every year)
- Quarterly mental health Fridays to reset and recharge
- Flexible remote work: We’re open to candidates located anywhere in the US and support work getting done wherever it works best for the employee
- $150/month health & wellness stipend to strengthen your body and/or mind
- $1,000/year individual professional development stipend to cover any education/training that you want to pursue to grow in your role (or as a human!)
- Agency commitment to building and supporting a diverse, equitable, and inclusive agency (and we hold ourselves accountable)
- Transparent & equitable career growth opportunities: Clear path for advancement and opportunity for anyone to raise their hand for promotion every 6 months
- The ability to work with genuinely fantastic humans who care deeply about the work we do and each other
- Yearly donations made to employees nonprofit of choice to celebrate their Media Cause work anniversaries
- A culture of volunteering and giving back to the communities we work in and to the issues we care about around the world (quarterly office volunteer days will return after COVID)
This is a salaried role commensurate with experience. Media Cause is committed to hiring individuals who are traditionally underrepresented in the field of marketing. We strongly encourage all qualified people to apply.